9 Ways To Make WordPress More Secure | WordPress Security
Simple WordPress Security Tweaks
At WPBlogSupport we take care of thousands of WordPress Blogs. The first thing that happens when a client asks us to provide them with Unlimited WordPress Support is a Digital Audit.
First thing on the list?
WordPress Maintenance and Security
A quick online search for WordPress Security will give you a ton of security tips that all WordPress users should use. What surprises me personally is that the most basic of these of these tips are not usually followed.
Relax With Unlimited WordPress Support
So today I’m hoping that you will consider adding the follow WordPress Security tweaks to your to-do list. These are just 9 of the additional changes that WordPress Blog Support clients have done for them when they relax with any of our WordPress Support plans.
WordPress Support Tweaks That SHOULD Be on Your To-Do List
- Prevent listing of wp-content, wp-content/plugins, wp-content/themes, wp-content/uploads
- Remove wp-version
- Remove Really Simple Discovery meta tag
- Remove Windows Live Writer meta tag
- Make sure Database error reporting is turned off
- Make sure PHP error reporting is turned off
- Remove version information for scripts/stylesheets
- Remove or rename the readme.html file from the WordPress Install
- Administrator username should not be Admin
WordPress Security has always been a hot topic and these are just a couple of ideas to get you started making sure your WordPress site is a safe as it can be.
I’m betting in the real world you’ve bought home and car insurance, and all sorts of alarms and gadgets to bring their security to the max. WordPress Security is important too, especially for people who make a living from websites and blogs.
Your site is being attacked right now as you read this, so think of this list as just a start. If you have question or need help making your WordPress site more secure we’re here to help.