• Buddy Boss Home Page and Blog Settings

• Melody

October 1, 2020 at 8:08 pm
    gamipress icon accept - 58 Site Points
    gamipress icon star - 0 Experience Points

I just switched my theme from Generate Press to Buddy Boss. My Home Page now has the Buddy Boss header / footer. How do I suppress it on my Home Page so it doesn’t use Buddy Boss. I know how to change the Home Page in WordPress, which shows this as my Home Page.

Also, it’s not a big deal if Buddy Boss overrides and requires the Home Page Layout of having it’s header and footer…. I just need to know as I move forward with my new look.

Also in the same vein — can I use one of the other standard builders for pages that are Full Canvas pages? And secondly, where are the Blog Padding Settings?

PS I tried to tag this post with Buddy Boss, but it kept putting them as two separate words because I put a space between them.

• Melody

October 1, 2020 at 8:26 pm

ALSO…. I just tested this…. I create my page in Thrive Themes, but since I have Elementor active, I changed it to the Canvas format — to remove header/footer on Buddy Boss and it worked.

However that seems like a less than elegant way to do it.

• James

October 1, 2020 at 11:15 pm
    gamipress icon accept - 184 Site Points

I started using the elementor templates creating a header and footer and set it to override the theme. That’s what working on this site right now.

Glad you found a work around!

• Melody

October 2, 2020 at 11:30 am

Two questions: 1) When using the Buddy Boss theme, what is the BEST way to set my Home Page to a page by another builder without the headers and footers.

2) Where are the blog padding settings on Buddy Boss?

• James

October 2, 2020 at 1:54 pm

The header and footers template have a display conditions setting that in elementor at least show up when you hold your mouse over the green update/save button.

• Melody

October 3, 2020 at 11:22 am

So, are you saying that the way Buddy Boss is designed is to have a lot of the Buddy Boss theme preset with defaults…. but then for the flexibility of some of the Heavier Themes that it works in conjunction with the Elementor Builder…. ? So the point is if you want flexibility and more detailed control, you use the Elementor Builder functions?

• James

October 3, 2020 at 5:11 pm

The other thing to remember is that elementor lets you create a template for a single post and the post archive.

This means you can bypass any of the formatting that BuddyBoss has for the entire blog.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

No Time? Need Help, or You Just Want Everything Done For You...

You are in the right place.

WPGrow