Setup Admin Courses For Internal Staff

• Setup Admin Courses For Internal Staff

• 5eac585e40ab9 bpthumb -

Melody

May 1, 2020 at 11:48 am
    gamipress icon accept - 58 Site Points
    gamipress icon star - 0 Experience Points

I created a new admin course yesterday…. and later a client asked me a question related to the ADMIN course…. and I couldn’t figure it out for a bit….<div>

Anyway, it turns out I forgot to set it to Closed…. so it was FREE….but the strange thing is that it immediately showed up on ALL people’s course list! They didn’t have to enroll or anything, it was just there.

Is that how it’s supposed to work? I seem to recall on your included ones that I had to at least ENROLL or take an action to get it on my list….

</div>

• 5e0ad00f88d1f bpthumb -

James

Organizer
    May 1, 2020 at 12:19 pm
    gamipress icon accept - 287 Site Points

LearnDash Course Price Types – And public Display settings.

Free = Just open content on a website. No Registration required, all the content is open and can be indexed by google etc. The course will show up in the default public course grid.

Registered = Course description page is open to the public by all course content requires the user to be logged in. As soon as they are logged in they have full access to the course. The course will show up in the default public course grid.

Closed = The course will show up in the default public course grid BUT No one has access to the course unless. a) you manually enroll a logged in user in the course or b) they click on the URL that was set with the course “Closed” setting. This URL is usually to the shopping cart etc.

If the course post type, (the standard wordpress publishing settings in top right corner) in all of these cases by default the course shows up to the every visitor or user in the course grid.

In your case we setup the default Courses archive page to be a custom page that had a filter that ONLY showed the courses that had the course tag “public” So any of the other courses were kinda hidden.

A user that found that open course to show up as taking the course they would still have to register/login and “Take This Course” to enroll. If they didn’t do that they would not be enrolled.

The way to check and see who is enrolled in a course is to go to the user list and use the “Show All Courses” filter. You can always filter those users and manually remove them from any course you want. 🙂

Melody

May 1, 2020 at 1:05 pm

But the weird thing is…. When I went to users to find this particular client and figure out what was going on, I saw that it was listed on ALL the users! When you make it FREE like that, does it then become a course listed on everyone’s “My Courses” list automatically? Because that’s what it did!

James

Organizer
    May 1, 2020 at 1:57 pm

Which course? The creating Google Docs?

Melody

May 1, 2020 at 2:13 pm

No, it was the one I set up yesterday, the ADMIN one…. the newest one….. It auto-showed for all users in their list when it was set to FREE.

James

Organizer
    May 1, 2020 at 2:18 pm

So no one is registered now correct?

Melody

May 1, 2020 at 2:51 pm

I am registered as admin because I am using it….

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

See How To Build a Membership Site and Sell Courses Online... in Less Than A Day!

WPGrow